Monday, May 30, 2005

Mondays

I usually look forward to Mondays because they are the day I am able to regain routine, for the most part. It is my sanity day where we clean up and organize after a busy weekend, a good thing for a type A personality like myself. Today, however, I was not looking forward to because sans vehicle means that normal errands turn into long bike rides.

This morning we had a language therapy session for Brendan which was important because it included a hearing screen, one of the factors we (his language therapist and myself) are ruling out in trying to understand his perplexing receptive and expressive language delays. That means a bike ride from Spruce Grove to Stony Plain, not a huge distance, but I was concerned about wind and whiny kids.

Praise God, the wind was a crosswind - horrible for flying planes but great for riding bikes because it doesn't cause drag one way... which is huge when you factor in a bike trailer with two heavy children inside. The boys were excited about this journey too, having never ridden their bikes outside of the city yet.

It was a great ride! We arrived in half the time I had anticipated (I always over estimate when it comes to how long it takes for a bike to get anywhere) though the hearing screen didn't go well as Brendan didn't cooperate. We have booked him for a formal hearing assessment in a couple of months to ensure a proper screen. Pray his next assessment goes well and we will know difinitively if hearing is a concern or not.

Now I am off to deal with paperwork and cleaning our BBQ.

No comments: