Monday, May 30, 2005

Generousity

I am amazed at the generousity of the new friends I have made here in Spruce Grove. If you read my blog you will know of my vehicle troubles. Well it is because of these that I have needed to reach out and ask for help. The first time was when we were stranded yet again with a dead vehicle on the side of the road. A friend and fellow homeschool mother stopped in the middle of a major project she was working on (grouting the beautiful new tile in her bathroom they renovated) and came out to pick us up in her car, car seats and all. Not only that, she waited with my kids while I dealt with the tow truck driver and the mechanic at the dealership and then dropped us off at home with a, "anytime you need help, don't hesitate to call OK?"

With our vehicle still in the shop until tomorrow, my plan was to print the Parkland Home Educators (our homeschool group here) newsletter (yes I am the newsletter editor) and bring it down to the printers to be copied. This was to happen between when Allan came home from work (5:30 pm) and when the printer closes (6:00 pm). Well I had to nix that when my printer refused to print so I called another homeschool friend to ask if she could help out. She wasn't home but her husband offered to do it all, including delivering it to my door! I emailed it to him and at 5:30 he delivered it with a, "no problem, I was glad to help."

I love my new community!

No comments: