Friday, May 20, 2005

Computer Viruses
I hate computer viruses, but not specifically for the reason most do - the maiming and crashing of computers. No, I wish it was that simple. Instead my frustrating stems from dealing with a popular anti-virus software that refuses to launch from the several icons I have (in my taskbar tray, startup menu and on my desktop) and the company that manufactures it. I will keep them anonymous for now, but after talking to FOUR online techs who could not help me, I moved onto their forums. Two weeks later of many gyrations through online scans, DOS fixes and uninstalling/reinstalling I have developed a facial tick that doesn't look like it is going away anytime soon. Not even one change in how the software is working and it is only by virtue of it keeping my computer clean despite my inability to actually access it that I have not moved on to X or Y anti-virus software. Well that and the extra $$ purchasing it would be.

Don't even get me started on my financial software which I have loved and used for my business since it's inception in 1997... which suddenly has decided it hates the new hard drive Allan installed for me. My love-hate relationship with my computer and all it holds continues.

No comments: