Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Recovering...

As I slowly find and write what was lost during my JumpDrive mishap, I am finding treasures. One is a narrative by an anonymous midwife called The Vocation of Shiphrah. It discusses the peril Shiphrah faced when opposing the Egyptian pharaoh in Exodus and her own journey to midwifery through the births of her own children. Another is anecdotes, insights and notes from doulas around the world that I have clipped and saved in various locations on my computers.

But mostly, I am realizing that all that was important didn't go missing and what did wasn't something I couldn't replace in some way, shape or form. Sure the Immanuel Healthy Family Ministry business cards will take a bit to redo, the Teen Pregnancy Retreat information I will have to transcribe back into Word and the pictures of the church grounds will have be retaken. And that will wait for another day as I have more important tasks to attend to, like the upcoming Healthy Family Ministry Open House this Sunday and the online workshops I am writing for the Global Birth Institute.

1 comment:

BGK said...

I'm writing free online workshops for GBI, too, it is a looongg process. Et tu?