Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Thanksgiving
Yes I realize that thanksgiving isn't until October (November for our friends to the south), yet I have been reflecting today on the wealth I feel right now. Most significantly is a wonderful husband who is my lifemate and the closest friend I could imagine in someone of the opposite gender. Together we have three amazing sons, each so incredible in their own right, and a beautiful daughter who's eyes melt everyone who gazes into them.

My husband, the wise and frugal man he is, has allowed our family a full-time mother which is sadly a rarity in today's society of dual incomes. Not only that, he supports me and my business which does help with the income - providing the main transportation of our family - and allows me to fulfil my own calling to support pregnant and new mothers. The time commitment is minimal which allows plenty of time to focus on my families needs... which of course is my first priority.

Materially, I absolutely adore our new house. It is a 1600 sq ft 2-storey with soon-to-be four bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths (we are working on the basement). Brazilian cherry hardwood throughout the main floor, huge bedrooms and all new appliances (stainless steel is soo kewl). We also were able to purchase a couch/loveseat/recliner which matches perfectly with countertops and the tile on the fireplace. Breanna's new "toy" is the front-load washer which she loves to watch turn. Who would have thought of the entertainment value of a washing machine! The boys and Allan just finished the new deck and the landscapers have been busy all day, the yard is looking beautiful. Next week they will return to finish the backyard with the huge sandbox and stone patio off the deck. I can't wait to get the pond fish from our previous home into one of the two ponds we are working on.

God has indeed blessed me abundantly!

No comments: