Friday, June 18, 2004

Friends
I was talking to a friend of mine today. She is soo amazing, we have so much in common beyond our each having four children (though hers are grown). We were talking about her work, she is the writer for Capital Health's CEO. One of our shared passions is reading and she is finding she doesn't even like reading anymore, she is tired of words. Tired of the many words she is expected to write when it would take so few to explain what needed saying. "Just get to the point," she exclaimed in frustration as we talked. Yet it is like this in anything political... the many words that are used to flower the most basic of premises. So we moved on in our conversation to our children (and her grandchildren) and our other projects, like the show home they are building (her husband owns a building company) and how my yard is taking shape (she loves my landscaping ideas and wants me to design the new show home's front yard). But then that isn't new, my previous neighbours begged me to help design their yards too after seeing mine. Hm, maybe that will be my backup occupation when I grow tired of the incredible politics of modern medicine...

No comments: