Friday, September 24, 2004

Beloved Chairs
Do you have or remember a wonderfully cosy chair that you loved to spend time in? We drove past the local dump today and I pictured in my mind the recliner we left at a very similar dump back in Lloydminster. It brought back memories of just that type of recliner, given to us by a wonderful neighbour in Camrose when I was pregnant with Eric. It was my safe haven at the end of long workdays spent on my feet managing a local camera store. I would curl up in it after supper was made and often slept there before I crawled into bed, it is amazing how much extra sleep a pregnant mother needs!

I also found that chair a wonderful place to breastfeed and cuddle my first two newborns. Later, I also came to curse it because of it being the reason Eric was posterior which lead directly to my first cesarean, though it was long after his birth that I learned of the correlation. It was also after it became the "trick chair" which lay harboured in our basement awaiting it's next "victim" who inadvertently sat in it to be thrown back far enough to feel as if it was falling backwards. It never did, but the boys found it a wonderful place to bring those who didn't know of it's penchant to lean too far backward, likely caused by those same boys.

No comments: