Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Our basement bath is nearing completion and I find myself pulled in so many directions. Do I paint it and get it ready for the flooring guys and plumber so that can be finished or do I finish the taxes that await on my to do pile? What about the book that sits unfinished, nearing it's May 30 deadline... or the teaching modules I am writing for a Edmonton based Guiding Parents that are now past due? Then there are the three huge and very exciting projects for ICAN I would love to be working on right now... but when?

And let us not forget "the" project that has taken up a bunch of my February, the Lloydminster Doula Association which will launch this week! This has been a true labour of love for me as I support the doulas in my area who truly want to provide professional services despite the roadblocks that we have to face. Sadly, it's not consumer apathy or negative hospital staff but rather a fellow doula who has intimidated all the doulas here so completely by her overbearing personality and alley cat territorialism. But enough space wasted on the negative, the nurses and everyone we have contacted are absolutely excited about our organization and the professionalism it will bring to this profession. We have filed as a non-profit corporation with Saskatchewan Justice and our website is up and getting rave reviews!

No comments: