Thursday, January 05, 2006

Online Learning

I love online learning, but then it comes naturally to me as a long-time tekkie, married to someone who is even more of a tekkie than I! I have been learning online since the internet became available and now there are so many great resources, so many great online classes and so much to learn! That is why I am so excited about the Global Birth Institute's new online classroom for training workshops for the certification programs they offer. It isn't really new, the Perinatal Diploma class has been using it for some time for their distance learning component, but it is new for the workshops. It is an excellent option for the many women in rural and remote areas of Canada who contact me on a regular basis asking what their training options are. I look forward to spending some time in "class" as an instructor and student, if you are interested in become a prenatal educator, doula or lactation counsellor, I hope to see you there too!

No comments: