Thursday, September 08, 2005

Organization

I will never even pretend to be organized, but I try to at least know where things are that hit my desk and where to find everything for the most part. With that in mind I am pretty proud of what our schoolroom/home office/family room is looking like too. I was near despair on Tuesday when I set to work doing the undone... moving all of the requisite computers, books, etc that have found their way throughout our house because of our not having the basement finished.
Now the end is finally in sight, I still have to box up our lesser-used books because of lack of shelf space, but the piles and piles of papers, books, computer peripherals and "stuff" of life have given way to cleanliness and organization. This is a pic of my desk with Ryan's adjacent desk (his chair is closest).

Save for the three piles on the floor above, l-r: childbirth education yet-to-be sorted and filed stuff, bag of books and teaching aids to go to my prenatal office at church, and half-started books-to-be-boxed box. I also have to make up our calendar (aka large pinboard calendar where we move the happy face each day for the little ones to learn their dates), put up our timeline (working on old testament history and delving into Canadian history a bit this year too), and find a home for all of the sleeping bags piled in the family room from our camping trip last week (below). Looks like someone was working on a puzzle! My wish list includes a BIGGER basement in our next house (I couldn't sleep last night designing our new house for when we move next) and/or carpet by winter if we stay in this one.

1 comment:

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Great post!

I am guilty of the piles of books on the floor in front of my current bookshelf...I have been looking for another bookshelf for weeks, but I am cheap...ur, um...frugal and trying to be thrify.

Thanks for linking me to your blog.

Hh