Tuesday, May 02, 2006

YWCA Women of Distinction Nomination

I mentioned briefly here that I was nominated by a great friend for the YWCA Women of Distinction Award in the field of Health, Social Sciences & Social Services. It is moving from the surreal to reality as a wonderful woman from the YWCA of Edmonton called today to book my photo shoot with complimentary hair and makeup for the Edmonton Sun and the YWCA Gala Presentation promotional literature. I am taken aback as the Avonlea Photography Studio is among the most prominent photography studios in Edmonton and Elysium Hair Body Spirit is one of 20 salons in Canada that have become a Schwarzkopf Essential Look concept salon. Look at me, a homeschool mom!

The Awards Gala will be on June 15 at the Northlands Agricom... what on earth am I going to wear for the pictures and the big event?! I have to go call my sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the nomination Connie!

Sarahthedoula