Thursday, May 04, 2006

Total Luxury Spa Package

For my birthday (which isn't for another two months) my sisters and my mother took me to the Marvel College Edmonton Campus for a Total Luxury Spa Package last week. It was amazing. Starting at 9 am with a spa manicure and pedicure, touted as "a facial for your hands and feet." In addition to treatment of callus and dry heels, nail shaping, cuticle treatment, a relaxing foot and leg massage, finished with your choice of OPI polish, you are treated to exfoliation of the feet and a moisturizing mask followed by a paraffin treatment. Next came a full facial with skin analysis, facial cleansing, deep exfoliation, relaxing face, neck and shoulder massage, facial mask, toner and moisturizer.

A break for a light lunch (included in the package) of our choice of sandwhich, salad and drink was followed by a one hour relaxation massage. Then I enjoyed a detoxifying and purifying body wrap to detoxify the skin, deep cleanse the pores and smooth roughness. Showered off in a wonderful, hot Swiss shower and dove right into a Vichy shower (picture below) touted to "stimulate the internal body systems, circulation, metabolism and enhances lymphatic drainage as well as promote a tremendous sense of relaxation." Wrapping up the afternoon was a detoxifying massage focusing on lymphatic drainage. I cannot tell you how luxurious that whole day was, I was being pampered for seven hours with my sister and mother beside me enjoying similar treatments!

My sisters have long wanted this to be an annual event, I am so ready to join them and tell all of my friends that they need to pamper themselves like this. This should be written into that motherhood contract we fall into when the pregnancy test turns pink!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds heavenly.....!