Sunday, October 02, 2005

Work Bliss

How many are able to not only enjoy their job, but love it? I have done many things from sell real estate to working in an autobody shop to management. Diverse occupations as I continued to seek a job that I could tolerate, nevermind like. Only after I moved to mothering did I come upon my dream job, that of teaching aspiring birth professionals. That in itself was an adventure too, moving from my own first birth experience, a traumatic iatrogenic cesarean section, to accredited trainer. Suffice as to say, the journey was an amazing learning adventure and each workshop I teach inspires and fulfills me.

This weekend I taught another accredited childbirth doula workshop, the first step towards certification through the Global Birth Institute. Each student was so amazing and I am humbled by their presence in my class, of their untrusting their first training to me. And diverse! One of my students this weekend was a professional singer, another is a mother of three who just moved to our community three weeks ago, another still is a single professional with two jobs and a wonderful sixteen year old son. We laughed and cried and shared openly about our births, our fears, our frustrations and our biases. We also learned a great deal, me about them and they learned so much about pregnancy, birth, babies and the business skills to help them enjoy their own dream job successfully. We left as friends, all eager to continue sharing and learning and growing. I will continue to support each student as she works towards certification and beyond as her mentor... a role I so love as I see each continue to grow.

I am going to sleep very happy tonight, thanking God for each step that brought me to this dream occupation I have been blessed with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, I added you to my favorites.
If you are interested in home business resource
, I have a home business resource
site.
Feel free to drop by and tell me what you think.

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Here I thought I was third to comment--but I am actually first. Darned anonymous spammers...

I share your passion and joy with this work we do, Connie.

Carry on, Good Woman. Birth (and Women) need you. :)

Hh

Connie Thompson said...

Thanks Hh, it is great to hear we share the same passion! I visit your blog often, great wisdom abounds there.

Connie