Saturday, October 29, 2005

Being a Busy Bee & Career Options

I know I have been quiet, it has been an incredibly busy these last three weeks. ICAN's Strategic Planning Retreat preparation took up the bulk of the first week, the next week I focused on my new position with ICAN as their new International Director along with the online Childbirth Education class I will be teaching through GBI starting in January, while CDA planning and projects took up all of last week.

After a lot of discussion and careful prayer and thought, we have decided to follow our original course of action with Allan pursuing his goal of becoming a Wal-Mart store manager rather than step back and pursue another career. With the huge exception of our builder giving us an attractive offer to join his company before Allan is promoted, which will likely be next spring. If not, then we will move at least twice before we stettle again and those moves will be anywhere in Western Canada, though we do have somewhat of a choice as to where that is.

I am excited about our future, even if I am not ready to move quite yet. I knew that we would have to move at least four times to get to where Allan was able to settle us with Wal-Mart and that is OK. If we veer off that path into home building, that is awesome too. What that will mean for my career I am not certain, but it gives me time to plan and prepare for next year. God has been gracious to our family thus far and I know our future will be bright indeed.

No comments: