Monday, April 04, 2005

Changes
This past year has been very interesting with our moving to a new community and the growth that brings in learning about it and the people within. Moving also brings with it changes of many sorts and every change brings with it new stress and challenges. I absolutely love our new city and the people here, we have found a true home that I loathe to move from. Yet with this new community emerges new responsibilities and with every move a refocusing on priorities.

When I moved to Lloydminster, my priorities were to focus on family and my catalogue, shifting away from doula support and training for a short while. Yet I was pulled reluctantly away by an ambitious doula who sought me out. I wish I would have stayed focused on my priorites, instead I learned difficult lessons about trust and friendship. Now my priorities are on family and training, which has been going so well. Our school year is winding to a close and it has been an exciting one of learning with new talents emerging in each child. My workshop last weekend affirmed my priorities were well-focused and I truly love what I do.

Change is good.

No comments: