Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer

My absolutely favourite season is summer. Hot days, the sound of quaking aspen leaves, the smell of newly mown grass and canola fields blooming. Thunder showers that show the incredible strength of Mother Nature, the sound of birds chirping and bees humming, and watching horses run bucking across the pasture. Long days and lazy evenings sitting on the deck with a drink or watching a fire by moonlight.

Here we are closing in on the end of the second of our three month summers... far too short a season for a summer lover! I dreamt last night that I pursuaded our x's to move to BC with us to indulge my need for a longer summer season. In reality, that wouldn't happen, but it was a wonderful dream to dream.

So I am enjoying every drop I can out of this summer. Motorbike rides with Brian, training Eric's horse, hanging with my sister Tracy at her acreage, and as much time as possible outdoors encouraging the mudhens and dragonflies to eat as many mosquitoes as they can.

No comments: