Saturday, June 17, 2006

A funny thing happened...

on the way to the awards gala on Thursday. My daughter ate my makeup. Well not quite literally, but she did break it all over my bed and carpet in my room. What a sight that was to find as I went to get ready! She sure looked well made up :-) Ah well, I still had samples from my two minute Mary Kay career last fall so I broke into those. Minus mascara, I was ready to go in no time.

The YWCA Women of Distiontion Awards Gala was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. My friends Claudia Villeneuve, Chapter Leader of ICAN of Edmonton/Edmonton VBAC Support Assn., Anita Ferrie, a co-nominee in the Advocacy category, and I had a blast. The food was excellent, the people were wonderful and the music was perfect. Neither Anita or I won, we lost to a wonderful woman we met that night, Diane Bergeron.
"Dedicated to her community, Diane Bergeron is a leader and a passionate advocate for people with disabilities. As the co-ordinator for the Premier's Council on the Status of Persons with Disabilities, and founder of the Edmonton Guide Dog Users Group, she is looked upon as one of the city's experts on disability challenges. Working alongside the Executive Director for the CNIB, Diane recently helped draft an updated version of the Blind Persons Rights Act. Despite her being totally blind, Diane's vision has no boundaries."
Congratulations to Diane and all of the award winners and nominees. I was honoured to have been nominated with such an amazing calibre of women. Thank you Claudia for nominating me and all the hard work you did to submit my nomination. You are awesome!

No comments: