Monday, February 27, 2006

Exciting Projects

I need to focus, or at least I tell myself that at least twenty times a day. I also have to realize more fully that I am at heart an idea person and as such find it difficult to not have at least 10 lightbulb moments a day concerning the projects I am working on.

Today I am working on the first affiliation agreement for ICAN as they formally expand to include ICAN/AIIC Canada. As both ICAN International Director and ICAN/AIIC Canada's President, I very much have a vested interest in not only the success of this agreement, but the continued expansion successes of ICAN and the growth of ICAN/AIIC Canada. So many great ideas, enhanced by the input from our current board. I have to sit down and add them to the agreement for our next meeting on Friday.

I also just completed an expansion/renovation proposal for the healing centre and reception area of my church. This is after many hours of discussion with all involved, most of it informally, with awesome ideas as a happy consequence of "visiting." It is very exciting and now that I have the preliminary proposal finished, I can wait and see if it is accepted. Or not. I am more likely to start the interior design plans in anticipation of its acceptance.

There is also the mundane part of parenting life, a visit to our family physician for a referral to a podiatrist for my son, the continuing (and seemingly neverending) saga of potty training, heal insurance forms to be photocopied and submitted, meals to be made and homeschool to be taught. This is all flavoured with a dash of sitting down with son number two and having a heart-to-heart about friends and perspectives and a board game with son number three while daughter number one (child number four) "helps" while greatly hindering.

How is your day going?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh! A healing centre at your church....I'd love to hear more. My e-mail is sarahatnyfcdotorg
Drop me a note when you can find a spare moment!

Sarah

Connie Thompson said...

It is very exciting indeed and a true blessing not only to members, patients and clients, but also to the staff who are supporting them! I will indeed email you with more information.