Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Connie Banack, author and writer
I am so excited; I am now officially an "author"! I have been writing my entire life. Most of my writing has been in putting together articles, journaling (very cathartic, I recommend it to anyone), and for the ongoing projects I seem to volunteer for on an ongoing basis - and I love every minute. Though my first two books are not completed (one a fiction, the other a childbirth educator manual), the first of my four booklet series for Canadian childbirth professionals is completed and the other three are well on their way to completion. My ISBN numbers have already been assigned and my editor absolutely loves my work. My publisher, the Canadian Doula Association, is getting everything set up to market my books, providing a choice of one as a membership perk upon purchase of a new membership.

My childbirth educator manual is almost completed as well, a long labour of love in that it is coming together slowly but surely along with the entire certification program that surrounds it. The Global Birth Institute, my publisher for this manual, is very excited about the completion of this project and with it's completion I can focus on my next manual and certification program I am developing for them, for childbirth doulas.

No comments: